For Parents & Teachers
If you want to educate your children or class about environmental issues in Townsville and Thuringowa, look no further!
There are many way of raising their awareness on environment and conservation issues around the twin cities.
- If you are a teacher, have a look at our various school programs. We have a number of downloadable education kits and material on various topics related to Creek to Coral.
- Your school can become a champion for the environment by joining the Reef Guardian Schools network. You can also take your class on one of our eco-accredited Eco-Catchment Education Tours. Please contact us to enquire about this.
- Your class can also participate in one of our Art in School projects. This allows them to express their creativity while learning about their environment.
Creek to Coral is frequently running Youth Forums, Congresses, Festivals etc. Be sure to be part of them- subscribe to the Creek to Coral Newsletter.
- Parents- We think it very important to educate young people about their environment. There are plenty of ways that you can share your interest or passion of the environment to your progeny.
- You can connect to the Youth Environment Network and explore the wonders of nature, conservation and water- play games, participate to one of our drawing or photo contests (opened to adults!), test your knowledge with a quiz. You can also show the example by becoming involved in a local community group such as Seagrass Watch, Creekwatch or Reef Check.
If your child is interested in participating in a contest, he/she will need your approval.
Without your approval your child’s participation will not count! You can download the Rules form for each contest on the relevant contest webpage.